EDIT: New version 1.1.0. now available having backend section for plugin configuration. See screenshots in the post below.
Its been a while since I have published anything on my blog.
Being a wordpress developer, I come across various ideas to develop utility plugins but most of them are already implemented by other developers around the world and are well popular among the wordpress users.
Recently, I came across a scenario in which the admin wants to show some selected great content of the website to other users. For example, you may want to show best 5 posts to your users in the sidebar. Generally, you would have to write some some custom code in functions.php file and then call your function in the sidebar.
That’s OK if you are a developer yourself or have some knowledge of PHP and HTML. But, what if you are a non-technical person and want to achieve the same thing. You are right, you need a WordPress Plugin !.
I have done the hardwork for you and created a wordpress plugin and named it WP My Favourites
This plugin lets you to select the best posts, pages, comments and media from backend and fetch them as and when needed in your website. It also allows you to reorder your favourite item as per your wish using Drag and Drop.
Some screenshots of the plugin for quick reference:
- Backend section to select your favourite posts.
- Backend configuration section to define parameters while selecting your favourite posts.
- Backend section to select your favourite comments.
- Backend configuration section to define parameters while selecting your favourite comments.
- Backend section to select your favourite media.
- Backend configuration section to define parameters while selecting your favourite media.
Don’t forget to checkout the plugin and leave your rating and feedback.
Here is the official link: https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-my-favourites/
Thanks a lot. 🙂